1) Choosing happiness is not as hard as people make it out to be. It takes as just energy to be negative as it does to choose to be happy.
2) Facebook can be a blessing and a curse, should be used wisely and deserves more breaks.
3) Only surround yourself with those who make a positive impact on your life. There is no time or room for negativity or negative people.
4) Friendships ebb and flow and people come in and out of our lives for reasons. But you will be surprised the amazing people you may find if you keep your heart open.
5) As the wife of an Amtrak conductor, you learn to roll with the uncertain schedule, embrace the time you do have together as well as your alone time as well as celebrate the fortune of great friendships in your husband’s absence.
6) I don’t miss going to school at all…yet. Sure, there may be a day that I decide to go back, but right now I am perfectly content working my (now salaried) 9-5 where I love the people I work with and the contribution I make.
7) Kitties make everything in life a little bit happier. After losing Kitters last year, I was completely devastated, but over this year, I’ve realized that each kitty (or pet) is in our life for a reason just as each friend is. Kitters had to make sure I grew from the 8-year-old child into the woman I am today. My Bert man is now here to take us into our next phase of life and coupledom – and eventually parenthood.
8) I made a difference in several children’s lives while teaching them piano for the last 4 years – and though that particular chapter is closed for now, I will always have a place for those kids in my heart.
9) Do not ignore back pain – because it could actually be a kidney infection and send you into the hospital for multiple days.
10) Exercise is my stress relief, and the gym is where I have found a second family. It’s good for the mind, body, soul and if I lack it – I turn into a crazy person.
11) It’s not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. Things happen. Really crappy, sucky things happen. But all you can do is find the positive in every situation. Choose Happiness!!
Cheers to 2012!!
Look for a New Years Resolution post coming soon.